Characteristics - The label for the corresponding 'Display Name' (e.g., Single or Married).
Percent- of customers from the target side for the corresponding element characteristic.
Z-Score - A value between -3 and 3 is not significant. All other values are designated as being significant.
- Index - The customer percent over the reference percent multiplied by 100 to create a baseline of 100.
- An index value of '100' indicates that the characteristic is the same as the Nation. An index value of 80 or less indicates the characteristic is under represented compared to the Nation; while, an index value of '120' or greater indicates an over representation compared to the Nation. For Example: An index of 180 indicates the target is 80% more or 1.8x's over represented than the reference.
- 39 SETTING GOALS At a mean age of 25, Setting Goals represents one of the youngest of the clusters. It contains single and married parents in their mid-20s whose spending habits and leisure time are heavily influenced by their young children and living within their means.
- 53 METRO STRIVERS Metro Strivers is a group handling single parenthood and the stresses of urban life on a small budget. They are primarily high-school or vocationally educated homeowners who are well entrenched in their communities.
- 57 COLLEGIATE CROWD With a mean age of 21, this group represents the youngest of all the clusters. The cluster has a high concentration of students, with a correlating low net worth, and high mobility, but interestingly they fall right in the middle for income.
- 59 MOBILE MIXERS These highly mobile, diverse groups of people are single renters in their early 30s. They rank among the lowest for income and net worth with average education levels and tend to live primarily in cities and surrounding areas.
- 62 MOVIES & SPORTS These lower-income, households are a combination of singles and married couples, all of whom have children. They are mostly renters, living in both single-family and multi-family apartment buildings.
- 63 STAYING HOME Staying Home is a group of lower-income, single, downtown-metro renters. This upper-middle-aged, high-school and vocational/technical educated group makes ends meet with low-wage clerical and service jobs.
- 65 HOBBIES & SHOPPING Hobbies & Shopping households are elderly, lower-income singles. They live in small towns and suburbs where there is a mix of owners and renters.
- 67 FIRST STEPS First Steps ranks second for student population, found in many college towns. Like other groups in this life stage, they are almost entirely unmarried, childless and highly mobile.
- 69 PRODUCTIVE HAVENS Productive Havens contain homeowners of single and multi-units, with the lowest incomes, but yet some net worth. At a mean age of 36, they are single and over five times more likely to be students.
- 70 FAVORABLY FRUGAL Favorably Frugal represents singles with high-school and vocational/technical educations. At a mean age of 39, they are renters in the second-tier cities and, if employed, earn lower wages in service and clerical positions.